Visual Digest is our new inspiration board from our Assistant Manager of Visual Merchandising, Jenna. Designed to keep us inspired and in-the-know, Jenna shares her favorite trends happening in fashion, beauty, culture, and food.
Here’s a special 4th of July inspiration board full of fun ideas for the holiday, from summer reads to sweet treats.
1. Hotel San Jose – Austin, TX: This stunning hotel in the lush city of Austin is the perfect spot for an all-American getaway for Independence Day.
2. The Gentlewoman – Summer 2013: Grab the latest issue of this bi-annual magazine that offers a fresh and intelligent perspective on personal style and fashion. Throw it in a beach tote and read it on the beach!
3. Martone Cycling Bicycle: A bright red bicycle is perfect for cruising downtown.
4. American Flag Picnic Blanket: For a fun take on Fourth of July DIY decorations, paint a patriotic picnic blanket. It makes a great accessory to every barbecue, and can be folded in half when the sun goes down to keep warm while watching the fireworks!
5. Donuts: You can never go wrong by bringing sweets to a party – grab seasonal summer blackberries from the farmer’s market and whip up some donuts in the only appropriate color palette: red white and blue!
6. Little Glass Slipper, Brooklyn: We love this new flower shop that just popped up in Greenpoint, Brooklyn.
7. EOS Lip Balm: To protect your lips from the harsh July rays, swipe on some chapstick in a fun tropical flavor before and after hitting the beach.
Happy Independence Day!